Why Dedicated Fixed Wireless is Better Than Satellite Services
“What goes up must come down.” English mathematician, physicist, and philosopher Sir Isaac Newton is reputed to have uttered this famous observation relating to gravity, but it could also be said of Internet communications. Sending information “up and down” (or to and from) the Internet requires the best upload speeds and download speeds. This is especially critical for modern businesses.
Why are upload speeds just as important as download speeds? Here are a few research results that demonstrate the importance of both:
- In a study conducted by Google, they found that a delay of just 250 milliseconds in page load times can lead to a 20% drop in traffic.
- According to a report by Akamai Technologies, slow website load times can result in a 7% loss in conversions.
- A study by Pew Research Center found that slow internet speeds can limit access to education and job opportunities.
Fast upload speeds benefit companies in many ways, and some industries require them more than others. How about your business and industry? Are you enjoying the fastest possible Internet connections and best upload speeds to help you stay abreast of modern-day business opportunities?
What is Upload Speed?
Upload speed refers to the rate at which data is transferred from your device to the Internet. This could include anything from uploading a photo to social media to sending an email with a large attachment.
While download speed is important for streaming videos and browsing the Internet, upload speed is essential for tasks that involve sending large files, collaborating in real time, and providing excellent customer service.
- Improved Productivity: When your upload speeds are fast, you can complete tasks faster and more efficiently. This is particularly important for businesses that rely on cloud-based applications or file-sharing platforms to collaborate and get work done.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Teams that work remotely or across different locations need fast upload speeds to collaborate in real time. Slow upload speeds can cause delays and hinder collaboration.
- Better Customer Service: Businesses that rely on video conferencing or webinars to communicate with clients need fast upload speeds to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted experience. Slow upload speeds can result in poor video quality or buffering, which can be frustrating for both parties.
On the other hand, slow upload speeds can have a negative impact on productivity, customer satisfaction, and revenue.
- Decreased Productivity: Slow upload speeds can cause frustration and lead to delays in completing tasks. This can impact the overall productivity of a business.
- Decreased Customer Satisfaction: Slow upload speeds can also impact customer satisfaction. For example, if a customer is trying to upload a large file to your website and the upload speed is slow, they may get frustrated and decide to go elsewhere.
- Loss of Revenue: Slow upload speeds can also impact revenue. For example, if you run an eCommerce store and your upload speeds are slow, customers may abandon their carts or shop elsewhere, resulting in lost sales.
Industries that Require the Best Upload Speeds
While all industries can benefit from fast upload speeds, there are some that require the best upload speeds to stay abreast of the pace of work, as well as consumer demands. Here are a few examples:
- Media and Entertainment: Content creators and video producers need fast upload speeds to upload and share their content on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Healthcare: Healthcare providers need the best upload speeds to transmit large medical files and images to other providers or patients.
- Architecture and Engineering: Architects and engineers need fast upload speeds to share large design files and collaborate on projects.
- Education: With the rise of remote learning, students and teachers need the best upload speeds to participate in virtual classrooms and online discussions.
- eCommerce: eCommerce stores need fast upload speeds to ensure that product images and videos load quickly and smoothly, and to be sure their online storefront operates at peak efficiency.
- Construction: Modern construction projects rely on cloud-based programs to share data and communicate real-time information such as safety monitoring and remote machinery.
- Finance: As more transactions are handled online by businesses and consumers alike, financial institutions cannot afford any delay in transferring data and other real-time communications.
- Government: Local, state, and federal governments depend on the best upload speeds for modern operations that can affect everything from benefit payments to international relations.
Why Do Dedicated Wireless Providers like MHO Have Better Upload Speed and Performance Compared to Satellite Services?
While satellite services have garnered a lot of attention for their promise of high-speed Internet access, Dedicated Fixed Wireless Internet providers like MHO offer several advantages when it comes to the best upload speeds and overall performance.
Optimized for Business
Dedicated fixed wireless internet providers have a more focused approach to Internet service. They specialize in providing the best upload speeds and communications to businesses and enterprises, and their infrastructure is designed to meet the unique needs of these customers. This means they have optimized their networks for high-speed uploads and low latency, which can result in faster and more reliable performance for customers.
Contrast this with any satellite service whose primary focus is on individual users in rural areas who lack access to traditional wired broadband. While they do offer fast download speeds, their upload speeds can vary significantly based on factors like network congestion and weather conditions. This can result in inconsistent performance for users who rely on fast uploads, such as businesses and content creators.
Local Network Infrastructure
MHO Dedicated Fixed Wireless Internet relies on localized network infrastructure. This means less network congestion and prioritized traffic for business-critical applications like video conferencing and cloud-based collaboration tools. The result? Faster upload speeds and better overall performance for businesses that rely on these applications.
Satellite services network infrastructures are based on satellite constellations that cover a much larger area and are subject to more external factors that can impact performance. Often, users encounter high network congestion, slower upload speeds, and more latency, which can negatively impact business operations.
Dedicated Wireless Internet from MHO offers dedicated and symmetrical bandwidth, meaning your business enjoys the same high upload and download speeds. This is particularly important for businesses that need to transfer large files or collaborate in real time, as it ensures that there are no bottlenecks or slowdowns in the upload process.
Satellite services' upload speeds are quite lower than their download speeds because they are designed for personal users that download more, such as streaming TV channels and apps. Businesses that need to share large files quickly or conduct collaborative online meetings are severely impaired.
Get the Best Upload Speeds for Your Business
Satellite services may be an exciting development to provide Internet access in more rural or hard-to-reach areas, but businesses need the best upload speeds available — and Dedicated Wireless Internet from MHO can provide it. If your company requires fast and reliable upload and download speeds for daily operations, contact MHO to learn more about our Dedicated Wireless Internet services and availability in your area.